Stroke North East is a charitable organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne and providing services in the North East of England. Our vision is to provide a first class social rehabilitation service that helps people who have been affected by stroke to improve the quality of their lives. We work throughout the areas of Newcastle, Sunderland and further afield to help in the rehabilitation of isolated stroke survivors, their families and carers.
Our Board of Trustees:
Richard Stubbs, Chairperson
Adam Hilton, Treasurer
Jim Stephenson, Secretary
Richard Pike, Trustee
Jemima Russell, Trustee
Frank Boyle, Trustee
Our Objectives are:
1. To enhance the quality of life for people who are house bound, socially isolated or have restricted mobility.
2. To empower clients to make decisions about Stroke North East’s service delivery
3. To offer members practical, physical and emotional support and the opportunity to make friends with people who have had similar experiences
4. To provide people who care for stroke survivors with well earned respite
5. To support the work of the Stroke Association by working in close partnership with them and other like minded organisations